Wednesday 29 June 2016

How I Create A Document on Macbook, Copy it to iPhone, and Share It via Messenger App

00:33


Before today, whenever I created a document on my Macbook and needed to send it to my colleague, I have to do it by sending it via e-mail. Or, I found another way using Line messenger application. It has been so easy and I’ve been doing it all the time. Until… my Wifi device on my Macbook gone dead. My Macbook has no access to the internet. I can still connect my Macbook to the internet by using Ethernet cable, but it is not available at my house nor at my office. In addition, I don’t have any external modem. So, in short, my Macbook is shut close to the outer world :))
However, given that situation, still I can send friends my photos created by my Fuji X100 camera downloaded to my Macbook. That is by syncing my photos to my iPhone using iTunes. The same goes with videos as well. This is still the way I share my photos and videos taken by my camera, edited in my Macbook.
Yet, I cannot do that to my documents. I’m often asked to do some work involving creating some documents. Whether it is in MS Words, Excel, or in PDF kind of files. People asked urgently for me to share those documents, immediately, or ASAP as they often yelled. But, what am I to do? My Macbook has no internet connection ability now. The only files I can share are those in the kind of photos or videos.
Facing this problem, I started browsing in the internet (using my iPhone) and found out a way. In fact, I found it so stupidly simple that I think why haven’t I thought about it before.
OK, here’s what I do:

  1. Install Telegram Apps – this messenger app is just like Whatsapp, only it support sending document file. It’s really nice.
  2. Install FileManager Apps – I search a decent app that can save my documents in my iPhone. Looking to the review, it seems that FileManager is the better one compared to other similar apps. So, I installed this app to my iPhone 4.
  3. Update my iTunes  later I found out that I can copy my document files to my iPhone, just as easy as syncing my photos and videos. But I have to update my iTunes to the 12.0.0.140 version.
  4. Go and copy my document files from Macbook to iPhone – apparently, the above-mentioned iTunes version, is able to copy document files from Macbook to iPhone with the little help from FileManager apps.
  • First, connect your iPhone to your Macbook.
  • Launch iTunes.
  • Click on the small iPhone icon around the top left corner of the iTunes window.
  • Click on Application.
  • Scroll down and see if the FileManager apps appear.
  • Click on FileManager and click add files button at the window on its right side.
  • Finder window will pop up. Find the file you want to copy and double-click it.
  • Back to iTunes window. The file you want to copy should appear at the window beside the FileManager apps.
  • Sync it.
After sync is done. Open FileManager apps on the iPhone and the copied document file will appear there.

To share the document, just tap it. After the document appear, then go to the top right corner and tap the share icon. I just chose ‘Open in..’ option, and go ‘Open in Telegram’.

After the Telegram open, just find the contacts you want to share the document with.  You will be asked ‘Send file (…..KB) to Someone?’ – I just tap Yes.

That’s the steps I took to be able to copy document files from my Macbook to my iPhone. So now I can send document files using my iPhone whenever colleague yell at me to send it ASAP. Besides MS Words and Excel, it also support PDF files. But I haven’t tried Pages, Keynote, or Numbers yet. I also want to try sending PPT files. Hopefully it works out as easily.

Posted by

Adrian Agoes, MM.Par a post graduate on Tourism Administration is now a lecturer at a tourism school in Bandung. His experiences are vary from being a tour leader visiting remote places in Indonesia, to being a travel photographer.

 

© 2013 Pemasaran Pariwisata. All rights resevered. Designed by Templateism

Back To Top